CISF Full Details : What is CISF? , Full Form of CISF, Qualification , Age Limit , Selection Process , Salary , Application Process. Almost every youth in India dreams of getting a government job. At the same time, some youth have a passion for service to the country. In such a situation, his passion to serve the country takes him forward. Meanwhile, they also have to go through many difficult stages for this.
While on the other hand some youth do good to the people of the society by doing private jobs. For example – Doctor, Lawyer, Teacher, Engineer etc. The same people who enlist in the Indian Army and wear a uniform make up their mind to protect the countrymen. There are many types of posts in the army for them. For all these posts, one has to go through the rounds of examination, interview, physical qualification etc. So today we are going to tell about one such post whose name is CISF. So let’s first know what is CISF, what is the full form of CISF .
CISF Full Form: What is CISF?
It is a post to serve the country by joining the army. This is a post in which you get respect in the society along with service to the country.
The full form of CISF is “Central Industrial Security Force” and in Hindi it is called as ‘Central Industrial Security Force’. It is one of the Security Forces of India, which is commanded by the Central Government. That is, the command of CISF is under the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Central Government of India.
CISF is an Indian paramilitary force. The task of this force is to protect government undertakings, important institutions, industrial sector. This force was formed in 1969. Whereas it was established in the year 1969 by the Ministry of Home Affairs. This headquarter is located in New Delhi.
Functions of CISF
- This force protects government undertakings and important institutions.
- The task of this force is to protect the country from internal threats.
- Apart from this, the work of this force is to protect internal security, Delhi Metro, Nuclear Institute, Ports, (Seaports), Airport, (Airport), government and non-government secret work, note press etc.
- Along with this, the work of CISF is in the hands of this force for the protection of other monuments like National Heritage, Historical Monuments like – Taj Mahal, Red Fort, India Gate, Gateway of India, Delhi Jama Masjid, etc.
- Apart from this, all the VIPs, VVIP ministers, stars, celebrities, players, scientists etc. of India are protected by CISF only. These people are provided CISF security by the Government of India.
- Wherever in the country, at the time of election, in emergency or at the time of natural calamity, only the CISF is given the necessary security related tasks.
What is CISF Full Form?
- C – Central
- I – Industrial
- S – Security
- F- Force
The full name of CISF in Hindi is ‘Central Industrial Security Force’.
Two Types of Security Forces in India
For information, let us tell you that there are two types of Security Forces in India. One is the Military Force and the other is the Paramilitary Force. In which different posts come under both the categories. Let’s know :-
Military Force includes :-
- Indian Army
- Indian Navy
- Indian Air Force
Paramilitary Force includes :-
- BSF- Border Security Force
- CISF- Central Industrial Security Force
- CRPF- Central Reserve Police Force
- ITBP- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (Indo-Tibetan Border Police)
- NSG- National Security Guard
- SSB- Sashastra Seema Bal (Sashastra Seema Bal)
- AR- Assam Rifles
Qualification for CISF:
To be recruited in CISF, it is very important for the youth to have certain qualifications. Some qualifications have been mentioned for CISF by the central government. Only those who fulfill these qualifications can apply for CISF.
Let’s take a look at what are the qualifications that are necessary for the youths who want to be recruited in CISF.
- You must be a citizen of India to join the CISF i.e. Paramilitary Force.
- The minimum age limit of the candidate joining this force has been kept at 18 years while the maximum is 23 years.
- For recruitment in CISF, it is necessary for a person to be 10th pass. There is no demand for marks or percentage here. You only need to have
- The same age relaxation of 5 years is given to the people of SC, ST and OBC category.
- Both men and women can apply for this force.
- It is very important for you to be physically and mentally fit for recruitment in CISF.
Men’s Physical Qualification:
- Height of male candidates is fixed at 170 CM
- Chest of male candidates should be 85 CM
- Male candidate should run 100 meters in 16 seconds
Female Physical Eligibility:
- Height of female candidates should be around 175 CM
- It is mandatory for female candidates to have 80 CM chest.
- The race for the female candidate has been set in 19 seconds to 100 meters.
Various Posts of CISF (CISF Posts Name)
There are many posts in CISF. They are selected on the basis of rank. The lowest post in CISF is that of constable. Whereas the highest post is of Director General (DG). Apart from this, there are many posts according to the rank in CISF. Let us take a look at the list of posts according to the same order:-
- Constable, Constable (CONST)
- Head Constable, Head Constable (HC)
- Assistant Sub Inspector, Asst Sub Inspector (ASI)
- Sub Inspector, Sub Inspector (SI)
- Inspector, Inspector (INSP)
- Assistant Commissioner, Asst Commissioner (AC)
- Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner (DC)
- Deputy Inspector General, Deputy Inspector General (DIG)
- Inspector General, Inspector General (IG)
- Additional Director General, Additional Director General (ADG)
- Director General, Director General (DG)
CISF Selection Process
To get recruited in CISF, we have to go through many rounds. That is, for the selection process of CISF, we have to pass many types of written examination, medical and physical test. We are selected in CISF only after passing all these tests. Let us know what is the selection process of CISF :-
- Physical Standard Test
- Written Exam
- Skill Test
- Medical Exam
For information, let us tell you that there is a different selection process for every post in CISF.
What is the salary of CISF?
Different salary is fixed for all the posts in CISF. Apart from salary, you are also given Grade Pay, TA + DA facilities. The starting salary of the lowest post i.e. Assistant Sub Inspector and Head Constable in CISF ranges from 5,200 to 20, 200. Along with this, 28 thousand rupees and TA + DA are also available as Grade Pay. Whereas other officers have different salary for the post.
- Constable Pay – ₹21,700-₹69,100
- Head Constable Pay – ₹25,500-₹81,100
- Assistant Sub Inspector Salary, Asst. Sub Inspector (ASI) pay – ₹29,200-₹92,300
- Sub Inspector Salary, Sub Inspector (SI) pay – ₹35,400-₹1,12,400
- Inspector Pay, Inspector (INSP) pay pay – 44,900-1,42,400
- Assistant Commissioner Salary, Asst Commissioner (AC) pay – ₹56,100-₹1,77,500
- Deputy Commissioner Pay, Deputy Commissioner (DC) pay – ₹67,700-₹2,08,700
- COMDT pay – ₹78,800-₹2,09,200
- SR.COMDT pay – ₹1,23,100-₹2,15,900
- Deputy Inspector General Salary, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) pay – ₹1,31,100-₹2,16,600
- Inspector General Salary, Inspector General (IG) pay – ₹1,44,200-₹2,18,200
- Additional Director General Salary, Additional Director General (ADG) pay – ₹1,82,200-₹2,24,100
- Director General Salary, Director General (DG) pay – ₹2,25,000/-
In CISF, apart from salary, many types of allowances are also given. These also differ according to the post.
CISF application process
CISF keeps on conducting recruitment for various posts from time to time. In such a situatio, you can get the latest updates related to recruitment by visiting the official website of CISF ” http://www.cisf.gov.in/ “. And after that you can apply for that post according to your qualification by taking complete information about the application.
Syllabus of CISF
There are many types of questions in the written question paper of CISF. Which are divided into different categories. Questions are divided in each category and separate marks are allotted for each question. Overall 100 questions are asked in the entire question paper and each question carries 1 mark.
That is, 100 questions are of 100 marks. There are 25 questions in each section. The question paper comes in both Hindi and English languages. The duration of the same exam is of 2 hours. Question papers are divided into these categories:-
- General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Intelligence & Reasoning – 25 Marks
- General Knowledge & Awareness, GK and General Awareness – 25 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics, Elementary Mathematics – 25 Marks
- General English / Hindi, General Hindi / English – 25 Marks
CISF Full Form: Conclusion
So friends, this was all the information related to a CISF. In this article, apart from CISF full form, I have also told you what is CISF , how to become a CISF officer, eligibility to become CISF, salary, other facilities etc. Detailed information is given in this article.
So friends, how did you like this information of mine? I hope you will be satisfied with the information about CISF I have given. I will try to provide you such information in future also. If you have any question related to CISF then definitely write in comment box. And if you liked this article of mine, then do share it with your friends.