Let us know about Conservation of Nature Essay. Conservation of nature is concerned with the conservation of natural resources. These mainly include water, sunlight, atmosphere, minerals, land, vegetation and animals. Some of these resources are being over-utilised, due to which they are getting reduced at a faster rate. We should understand the importance of conserving nature and take concrete steps to ensure ecological balance. Conservation of nature refers to the conservation of naturally occurring resources without any human intervention.
Short and Long Essay on Conservation of Nature
Conservation of Nature Essay 1 (300 words)
Nature fulfills our basic needs by providing us with water, land, sunlight and trees and plants. These resources can be used to manufacture various things which certainly make human life more convenient and comfortable.
Unfortunately, man has become so engrossed in inventing new things instead of using these resources that he has almost forgotten the importance of preserving them. As a result, many of these resources are depleting at a rapid rate and if this continues, the existence of humans as well as other living organisms on earth will be in trouble.
Conservation of nature means protection of forests, land, water bodies and conservation of natural resources is the protection of resources like minerals, fuels, natural gases so as to ensure that all these are available in abundance for human use. . There are many ways in which common man can help in the conservation of nature. Here a detailed description of some such ways can be of great benefit to human life:-
limited use of water
Water should be used wisely. If water is not used properly then the day is not far when we will have to yearn for even a little water. Water can be used properly in many ways like turning off the running water while brushing your teeth, bathing with bucket water instead of fountain, using RO waste water in plants or using it to clean the house. By doing so that the water does not spoil in excess.
limited use of electricity
It is also necessary to limit the use of electricity for the conservation of nature. We can save electricity in many ways like by turning off the electrical equipment especially when they are not in use or by using such bulb or tube light which consumes the least amount of electricity for example LED light.
By growing more and more trees and vegetables
Plant as many trees as possible, only then the trees that are being cut every day will be compensated. Try growing vegetables at home to restrict the use of chemical fertilizers used in professional farming. Apart from this people can make their valuable contribution by limiting the use of paper, employing rainwater harvesting system, limiting the use of cars and spreading awareness about conservation of nature.
Conservation of Nature Essay 2 (400 words)
Nature has given us many gifts like air, water, land, sunlight, minerals, plants and animals. All these gifts of nature make our planet a habitable place. Without any of these the existence of human life on earth would not be possible. Now, while these natural resources exist in abundance on Earth, unfortunately the need for most of them has increased over the centuries due to the increase in human population.
Many of these natural resources are being used at a faster rate while their production capacity is less. Thus there is a need to conserve nature and save the natural resources provided by nature. Here is a detailed look at some of the ways in which these resources can be conserved:-
reducing water consumption
Water is available in abundance on earth, so people do not consider it necessary to pay much attention to its decreasing quantity before using it. If we keep using water at this fast pace, then surely we may have to face serious consequences in future. To save water, we can use some simple things like turning off the tap during brushing, using the water in the washing machine according to the amount of clothes and giving the remaining water to the plants.
by reducing the use of electricity
Electricity can be made only by saving electricity. That is why it is suggested to have limited use of electricity. Just taking care such as turning off the lights before you leave your room, turning off electrical appliances after use and using fluorescent or LED bulbs as much as possible can be an important step in saving electricity.
using limited paper
Paper is made from trees. Using more paper means encouraging deforestation which is a matter of concern in today’s time. We need to make sure that we use only as much paper as is required. Taking print out and using e-copy has to be stopped.
use new farming practices
The government should teach the farmers to use mixed cropping, crop rotation and proper use of pesticides, fertilisers, biofertilizers and organic manures.
It is very important to spread awareness about the conservation of nature and to adopt the right method of the method used for this. This goal can be achieved only when more and more people understand its importance and help in whatever way they can.
Apart from this, it is also very important to plant more and more trees. People can contribute towards reducing air pollution by using shared transport for travel and by employing rainwater harvesting system to conserve nature.
Conservation of Nature Essay 3 (500 words)
Conservation of nature refers to the conservation of all those resources which are created naturally without the help of humans. These include water, air, sunlight, land, forests, minerals, plants and animals. All these natural resources make life on earth worth living. Human life is not possible without air, water, sunlight and other natural resources present on the earth. Therefore, to maintain life and environment on earth, it is very important to conserve these resources. Here is a look at the natural resources on earth and the ways to conserve them:-
types of natural resources
- Renewable Resources: These are the resources that can be naturally regenerated such as air, water and sunlight.
- Non-renewable resources:- These are the resources which either do not regenerate or are formed very slowly like fossil fuels and minerals etc.
- Organic: These come from living beings and organic material like plants and animals .
- Abiotic: These are derived from non-living things and non-organic substances. It includes air, water and land, as well as metals such as iron, copper and silver.
Natural resources are also divided into categories such as actual resources, reserve resources, stock resources and potential resources based on their level of development.
Nature Conservation Methods
Conservation of nature is a serious matter that needs immediate attention.
Most of nature’s resources are depleting at a rapid rate. The reason for this is that the demand for these resources is high while the rate of their creation is low. However, we need to understand that nature has given us all the resources we need in abundance. We only need to use the available natural resources wisely. To conserve these resources we should follow the below mentioned methods:
Water and electricity are two such things which are being wasted the most in today’s time. It is necessary for us to understand the importance of saving these two. Try to use as much water as you need. The same rule will have to be applied to electricity. Use electrical appliances wisely and turn them off when not in use. Similarly other resources like paper, petroleum and gas should also be used in a limited rate.
make nature green again
Do more and more afforestation instead of cut trees for making wooden paper, furniture and other items. Apart from this, ensure cleanliness around your area and do not throw waste products in water bodies and other places.
Lastly, spread as much awareness as possible about the importance of conserving nature.
The consumption of natural resources exceeds its production. It is the duty of each one of us to stop the wastage of these gifts of nature and start using them wisely so that ecological balance can be maintained on the earth. By following the above-given methods, we can contribute to the conservation of nature.
Conservation of Nature Essay 4 (600 words)
Conservation of nature is basically the conservation of all the resources that nature has presented to mankind. It includes minerals, water bodies, land, sunlight and atmosphere etc. and also includes conservation of flora and fauna. All these gifts given by nature help in creating a balanced environment and all these are suitable for the existence of human beings and the existence of other organisms on earth. Therefore conservation of nature is very important.
Natural resources are classified on the basis of their characteristics. Here’s a look at this classification, with well-planned ways to preserve each:
classification of natural resources
Natural resources are mainly classified on the basis of their potential to be renewed, source of development and level of development. These are further divided into sub categories. Their detailed information is as follows:
Some resources are renewable while others are non-renewable. Here’s a detailed look at both these categories:
- Renewable Resources : These resources are those which are naturally regenerated. These include air, water, land and sunlight.
- Non-renewable Resources : These resources are either generated very slowly or are not formed naturally. Minerals and fossil fuels are some examples of this category.
On the basis of their origin, natural resources are divided into two types:
- Abiotic: These are the resources that are formed from non-living things and non-organic substances. Some examples of these types of natural resources include water, air, land, and metals such as iron, copper, gold and silver.
- Biological: These are the resources that arise from organic matter such as living beings, plants and animals. Fossil fuels are also included in this category because they are derived from decaying organic matter.
On the basis of the level of development, natural resources are classified in the following manner:
- Actual Resources: The development of these resources is dependent on the availability and cost of technology. These resources are used at the present time.
- Reserve Resource: That part of the actual resource which can be successfully developed and used in future is called reserve resource.
- Potential Resources: These are resources that exist in some areas but need some improvement before they can actually be used.
- Stock Resources: These are the resources which have been surveyed for their use but are yet to be utilized due to lack of technology.
Different ways of conserving nature
Whether renewable or non-renewable, organic or non-organic, nature’s resources must be conserved. Here are some of the ways that the government and individuals should use to conserve nature:
- Overuse of natural resources should be stopped. The available resources need to be used wisely without wastage.
- Hunting of wild animals should be stopped for the conservation of wildlife.
- Farmers should be taught the method of mixed cropping, the use of fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, and crop rotation. There is a need to encourage the use of manures, organic fertilizers and biofertilizers.
- Deforestation should be controlled.
- Rain water harvesting system should be installed.
- The use of renewable resources such as solar, hydro and wind energy should be encouraged.
- The system of reuse of water used in agricultural processes should be followed.
- Car-pooling is a good way to reduce fossil fuel consumption.
- Limit paper use and encourage recycling.
- Save energy by using fluorescent bulbs instead of old light bulbs so that electricity can be saved. Also turn off lighting devices and electronic items when not needed.
Conservation of nature is of utmost importance to ensure a balanced environment although sadly many natural resources are depleting rapidly. By following the above mentioned methods, every person should make his contribution for the conservation of nature.