Let us know about Corruption Essay. Corruption literally means corrupt practices. Such an act which is done for the sake of self-fulfillment, keeping the moral values of the society at bay, is called corruption. Corruption is spreading rapidly in India and other developing countries. Most of us consider the politicians of the country responsible for corruption, but the truth is that the common citizens of the country are also participants in various forms of corruption. Presently no sector is untouched by corruption.
Short and Long Essay on Corruption
Corruption Essay 1 (300 Words) – Meaning and Causes of Corruption
Now we will learn about 300 words of Corruption Essay.
Earning money through illegal means is corruption, in corruption the person exploits the wealth of the country for his personal gain. This is the biggest obstacle on the path of progress of the country. When the fault lies in the personality of the individual, the amount of corruption in the country increases.
What is corruption ?
Corruption is such an immoral practice, in which a person does not take any time to put the country in trouble for the fulfillment of his own small desires. The scam done by the corrupt leaders of the country is not only corruption, but mixing water in milk by a cowherd is also a form of corruption.
due to corruption
- Flexible law of the country – Corruption is the problem of developing country, the main reason for corruption is the flexible law of the country. Most of the corrupt are acquitted on the basis of money, the criminal is not afraid of punishment.
- Greedy and dissatisfaction is such a disorder that makes a person fall down a lot. There is always a strong desire to increase one’s wealth in the mind of a person.
- Habit – Habit has a very deep impact on the personality of a person. A military retired officer carries the discipline acquired during his training even after retirement for the rest of his life. Similarly, due to the rampant corruption in the country, people have got into the habit of corruption.
- Mansa – It is not impossible to do any work when a person has made a firm determination, similarly one of the main reasons for corruption is the person’s desire.
Corruption is that termite in the country which is hollowing the country from within. It is the mirror of the person’s personality, which shows how one can take advantage of the opportunity due to disorders like greed, dissatisfaction, habit and mentality.
Corruption Essay 2 (400 Words) – Types, Consequences and Remedies of Corruption
Now we will learn about 400 words of Corruption Essay.
Not doing one’s work honestly is corruption, so such a person is corrupt. Its different forms are seen in the society every day. In the context of corruption, I do not find it unreasonable to say that the same person is not corrupt who did not get the opportunity to do corruption.
different types of corruption
- Bribery transactions – From peon (peon) in the office to high officials take money from you for doing government work. For this work they get salary from the government, they are there to help us. Along with this, the citizens of the country also give them money to get their work done quickly, so this is corruption.
- Election rigging – Money, land, many gifts and drugs are distributed to the public in the elections by the politicians of the country. This election rigging is actually corruption.
- Nepotism – By misusing their position and power, people promote nepotism. He gives the charge of a position to a loved one of which he does not deserve. In such a situation, the right of the deserving person is taken away from him.
- Tax Evasion by Citizens – Every country has a fixed scale for paying tax by citizens. But some people do not give the correct details of their income to the government and evade tax. It is listed in the category of corruption.
- Bribery in education and sports – By taking bribe in the field of education and sports, people do not give seats to the meritorious and deserving candidates, but give them to those who bribe them.
Similarly, corruption can be seen in other small to big sectors of the society. Such as adulteration in ration, illegal house construction, exorbitant fees in hospital and school etc. Corruption is rampant even in the language. In the words of Ajay Navaria, “In Satgati, a famous story of Munshi Premchandra, a character of the story has been called Dukhi Chamar by the author, this is evidence of the corrupt practice of language with objectionable words. On the other hand, the second character is addressed by the name Panditji. The first character in the story could also have been called the “Unhappy Dalit”.
consequences of corruption
Corruption prevailing in the society is the biggest obstacle in the progress of the country. Because of this the poor are getting poorer and poorer. The amount of unemployment, bribery, crime is increasing day by day in the country, it is due to corruption. Due to the rampant corruption in a country, the result is that the law and order of the country is questioned at the world level.
measures of corruption
- Strict Law Against Corruption – Due to the flexibility of our Constitution, there is not much fear of punishment among the criminals. Therefore, there is a need to make strict laws against corruption.
- Utilization of time in the process of law – Too much time should not be wasted in the legal process. This gives strength to the corrupt.
- Requirement of Lokpal Act – Lokpal works to hear complaints related to corruption. Therefore, it is necessary to enact a Lokpal law to remove the corruption spread in the country.
Apart from this, corruption can be stopped by spreading awareness among the people, creating transparency in administrative work and changing the mindset of the people towards the government and the judicial system and winning the election to the right candidate.
All types of corruption cause a lot of damage to the society. We all, as responsible citizens of the society, should take this pledge, neither do corruption nor allow it.
Corruption Essay 3 (500 words) – History of corruption and steps taken by the government against it
Now we will learn about 500 words of Corruption Essay.
Corruption is such a conduct of a person, while performing which the corrupt earn money in a wrong way for their own interest by ignoring all the rules of the constitution.
history of corruption
Corruption is not a problem arising at present, but it is prevalent in the world for many decades. The subjugation of 90 percent of the countries of the world by Britain is proof that people used to deal with the soil of the country for their own benefit. To save his kingdom, the king forgot to differentiate between right and wrong. This can be seen as the beginning of corruption.
Steps taken by the government against corruption
- Digitization – Government services have been made online by the government, this has reduced the amount of bribery and subsidy goes directly to the account of the beneficiary.
- Expelled from the job – Corrupt officers were fired from the job, in which Income Tax Department, Police Department and other respected officials were involved.
- Improvements in elections – With the passage of time, the electoral system has been improved as compared to earlier.
- Illegal institutions and shops locked – Thousands of illegal institutions, NGOs and shops have been closed.
corruption perception index
In order to check corruption, the Corruption Perception Index has been constituted globally in the year 1995. It ranks all the countries every year on the basis of corruption in which 0 means most corrupt country while 100 means corruption free country. At present, this ranking is done among 180 countries. For example, the ranking of countries on the basis of Corruption Index 2019 is as follows.
- Ranking of countries based on the 2019 Corruption Perception Index
There is a decrease in the scores of Canada, France, United States of America, United Kingdom as compared to the previous year. There is no change in the scores of Germany and Japan. Four other countries including India and China are ranked 80th with 41 points. India was ranked 78th in 2018, according to which India’s score has declined by 2 points.
- corruption free country
On the basis of the Corruption Perception Index, Denmark was declared the first corruption free country with 87 points.
- most corrupt country
Somalia is the most corrupt country in the world by scoring 9 points.
Swiss bank biggest center of corruption
‘UBS’ is a major financial bank in the world, it is popular with Swiss bank in India. Its full name is Union Bank of Switzerland . The world’s most corrupt citizens and politicians keep money in this bank by evading tax from their country. In the words of the director of a Swiss bank, “Indians are poor, but India was never poor”. Of India only, about 280 lakh crore rupees is deposited in Swiss banks. This amount is so much that even for the next 30 years, India can easily make its budget without tax or else 60 crore employment opportunities can be given.
Corruption has become a global problem that almost all the developing countries are battling. We exist from the country, that is, we are nothing without the country, so every countryman should make every effort to make our country corruption free.
Frequently Asked Question For Corruption Essay
How to write an essay on corruption?
That is, the literal meaning of corruption is that conduct which is immoral and unfair in any way. When a person goes against the accepted rules of the judicial system and starts doing wrong behavior for the fulfillment of his selfishness, then that person is called corrupt. Today corruption is spreading its roots in a country like India which is called gold bird.
What is the main reason for corruption?
If the root of corruption is traced, then the corruption in the government stems from the emergence of political elite who believe in selfish programs and policies rather than nation-oriented programs and policies. In addition, widespread illiteracy and poverty also lead to corruption.
How does corruption grow?
Selfishness and Inequality: Due to inequality, economic, social or honor, position and prestige, a person makes himself corrupt. A person who is victimized by the feeling of inferiority and jealousy is compelled to adopt corruption. Besides, bribery, nepotism etc also give rise to corruption.
What is the reason for corruption in India?
The atmosphere filled with communalism, linguism, nepotism, ethnicity, etc. prevailing all around the country, is the source of inspiration for corruption. It is because of corruption that immoral acts like burglary, bribery etc. flourish in offices, offices and other workplaces.
How can we eradicate corruption from the society?
There should be a strict punishment system to stop the corruption spread at different levels in the society. Today, the state of corruption is such that a person is caught in a bribery case and gets away only after paying a bribe. Unless strict punishment is given to this crime, then this disease will eat the whole country like termites.
What are the types of corruption?
different types of corruption
- Political Corruption in Government/Public Sector Corruption by Police Judicial Corruption
- corruption in education system
- corruption of labor unions
- corruption in religion
- corruption in philosophy
- Corporate corruption
What is corruption, cause and effect?
Corruption means corrupt + conduct.
Corrupt means bad or spoiled and Achar means conduct. That is, the literal meaning of corruption is that conduct which is immoral and unfair in any way. If someone gets the right to take a decision, then he can take a decision in one side or the other. This is its discretion and it is also a sign of a successful democracy.
What is corruption, its causes and consequences?
corruption is our national character
It is necessary to make one thing clear here and that is that the meaning of corruption is not only ‘bribery’, but also unfair profiteering, evasion of taxes, adulteration, indifference to duty, improper use of government resources also come under the ambit of corruption. .
Which section is involved in corruption?
The Supreme Court held that to establish an offense under Section 7 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, proof of demand for bribe by a public servant and its acceptance is mandatory.
What is available in the market today for corruption and bribery?
India ranks first in terms of corruption in the continent of Asia. A survey has found that the rate of bribery in India is 69 percent. India has been ranked first among the top 5 countries in the 18-month long survey conducted by Forbes. Forbes published this survey in March 2017.
When did the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 came into force?
Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
It was introduced in Parliament in 2013 for amendment, but due to lack of consensus, it was sent to the Standing Committee and Select Committee. Along with this, it was also sent to the Law Commission for review. The committee submitted its report in 2016, after which it was brought back to Parliament in 2017.
What are the consequences of corruption?
The standard of public works works is substandard and many times these works remain only on paper. Eligible and sincere people do not get proper opportunities. The natural rights of poor people to live are adversely affected.
What is meant by corruption Explain the factors causing the problem of corruption in India?
(J.S. Nye) defines corruption as “behavior that deviates from the formal duties of a public role because of private (individual, close family, private faction) pecuniary advantage or status advantage, or some form of private Being influenced by influences, violates the rules, it is called corruption.
What suggestions did the experts give to the king to end corruption?
Answer: To end the corruption spread in the state, on the suggestion of a minister, the king gave the contract to make a talisman to the monk. Five crore rupees were given to the monk as an advance for making the talisman. On seeing lakhs of talismans were ready, they were tied on the arm of every employee of the state.
How to remove corruption?
An important way to stop corruption is to pay better salaries in government jobs. Many government employees get very low salaries. Therefore, they resort to bribery to meet their expenses. So, government employees should get higher salary.