Let us know about Cyber Crime Essay. Cybercrime is the result of technological advancement. It is a dangerous crime that involves the use of the Internet and computers. Cybercrime is not caught in the initial stage, but with its consequences it gets noticed by all. Through this, there is an illegal transfer of data and information, which may be confidential or valuable to an individual or group.
Short and Long Essays on Cyber Crime
Cyber Crime Essay 1 (250 words) – Cyber Crime: Threat to Society
Now we will learn about 250 words of Cyber Crime Essay.
Crime is a term that is used to refer to the commission of a wrongdoing or criminal act, but when it comes to cybercrime, it can be defined as a crime committed by the Internet, whereby a person, There may be an untenable loss to the organization or the government. Cyber crime is a punishable offense committed by cyber criminals.
Cyber Crime – Threat to Society
Cybercrime is a criminal act that is carried out through the Internet using computer equipment or any other smart devices. Hackers or criminals have different motives to commit this crime. They can do this to harm an individual, an organization or even the government.
Many examples of cybercrime include fraud, identity theft, cyberstalking, creating or sending malware such as viruses to destroy systems or stealing data to earn money, etc. People involved in such activities consider them as an easy way to earn money. Even many educated and knowledgeable persons are also involved in such activities. Instead of using their mind in a positive way, they engage themselves in cybercriminal activities. Day by day it is becoming a big threat to our society and nation.
In the present scenario, cyber crime has become the most prevalent crime committed through internet. It causes serious harm to the victim. So we should take some measures to avoid such crimes. Vigilant behavior and adherence to security protocols are only a helpful tool that can curb incidents of cyber crime to some extent.
Cyber Crime Essay 2 (400 Words) – Cyber Crime: Classification and Implications
Now we will learn about 400 words of Cyber Crime Essay.
Human beings have been innovative and inventive by nature from the very beginning. Different requirements gave rise to new tools and technologies. Technology is also man’s quest to make work easier. Advances in technology are useful on the one hand and have devastating effects to some extent on the other. Cybercrime is also a downside of these technological developments. Individuals, organizations and groups involved in carrying out such criminal activities.
Classification of Cyber Crimes
- Offenses against a person – A crime against a person for sending his/her credit card information, confidential data and spam emails, etc. comes under the category of crime. This crime is mainly done to earn money.
- Offense against an organization – This offense is committed against a firm, company or organization for obtaining unauthorized access to data. This is done to steal important company data and employee details or to make money.
- Crime against the government – This is to commit a crime against the nation, by gaining access to national data and records. This crime is of main concern as it is concerned with the safety of the people of the nation.
effects of cyber crime
Cybercrime has ruined the lives of many people. People involved in cyber crime are known as ‘hackers’.
- If we discuss at the individual level, the people affected by this are still trying to compensate for the loss. Some even chose to commit suicide. Loss of money and any data which is confidential makes the person helpless and leaves him in a painful situation of life.
- At the level of the organization, stealing company data or destroying systems by malware causes huge losses and is set up by criminals in such a way that it doesn’t work unless the perpetrator’s terms and conditions Do not complete Because of this, companies suffer more because their strategies and important data are stolen and leaked.
- Even the government is a victim of this crime. Many confidential data have been leaked as a result of cybercrime at the government level, threatening the sovereignty of the nation. This is a serious issue as it may happen that there is danger and fear to the lives of the people of the nation. Losses can also occur at an economic level. Many lakhs and crores have been lost from the nation due to these cyber crimes.
Cybercrime is a crime related to the use of the Internet. It is leaked publicly or in a way to earn money along with some important information. So we should practice some important security measures and security applications to prevent this crime.
Cyber Crime Essay 3 (600 words) – Cyber Crime
Now we will learn about 600 words of Cyber Crime Essay.
Cybercrime can be mentioned as the illegal use of internet and computer. Computers are a medium for crimes or are used as a weapon for crime. These crimes have become a common part of our daily lives. Every day someone or the other is becoming a victim of cyber crime. Internet is used by many people at the same time for different purposes, these hackers make their way into these opportunities.
different types of cyber crimes
- Phishing – This involves obtaining user personal information by sending spam emails or through a fake website.
- Identity theft – This involves obtaining information about credit or debit cards or bank details, after the information is stolen, further unwanted money can be easily withdrawn.
- Malware Attack – Malware is illegal software designed to harm a computer or system. This is done to access mean information or to commit some crime by using that system.
- ATM Cheat – In this crime the ATM machine is completely hacked. Criminals have developed a way to access both the data and the PIN printed on the card, so that they are able to duplicate the card and use the same to withdraw money.
- Cyber Harassment – The criminal is also quite active in stalking or harassing the person through online means. They damage the system by sending malware and are capable of obtaining accurate information.
- Pornography – The act of presenting videos containing sexual activity through pornographic websites.
- Fraud – In this type of crime, you get an email that appears to have been sent from an authentic source, but it is not, it is misleading.
- Piracy – This is an unauthorized method of accessing confidential information. Many times government websites are hacked and pirated copies of important data of files are made, which creates a lot of problem or important data gets destroyed.
First National Conference on National Crime Investigation and Crime Forensics
- Our nation India for the first time held a National Conference on Crime Investigation held at the Headquarters of CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) located in New Delhi on 4th and 5th September, 2019.
- The main objective of the conference was to create a platform for investigators, forensic teams and other officials to discuss various methods and measures to deal with cyber related crimes.
cyber crime awareness
- Various security measures must be followed to stay safe from the horrific acts of cyber crime.
- Strong password should be used. Password must be complex, which cannot be guessed.
- Antivirus program(s) should be used to keep the system free from malware.
- Update the system regularly.
- Be alert and make yourself smart and proactive to avoid theft of your identity and important information.
- Make your children aware of the Internet, so that they can be immediately aware of any abuse or harassment, if they are going through such a situation.
- Maintain privacy settings on social media.
Cyber security protects our systems, networks, devices and programs from attack by malicious software. Thus illegal access of data by criminals can be prevented.
Importance – Information about any important issue of the nation or any data which is meant for personal use, if shared will create many problems. So if security checks are put in place at multiple levels, information and important data can be prevented from leaking.
types of cyber security
- Network Security – Protects the network from being attacked by malware and therefore always use a secure network.
- Cloud Security – Cloud resources provide means to protect data.
- Information Security – Helps to protect data from unauthorized or illegal access.
- End-user security – User should be alert while inserting any external device into the system, opening any mail or link.
- Application Security – Helps to keep the system and software free from any threats.
Cybercrime is spreading its feet day by day. The best way to stay safe from falling prey to its ill effects is to follow safety measures. There are many ways by which we can protect our confidential information from leaking. However, we should always focus on awareness, because ‘prevention is better than cure’, especially when treatment is not available.
Frequently Asked Question For Cyber Crime Essay
Explain what do you understand by cyber crime?
Cybercrime is an illegal act in which a computer is either a device or a target or both. Cybercrime involves a wide variety of criminal activities. These include offenses related to computer data or systems, privacy, integrity and availability of computers, material offenses, copyright offenses.
What is Cyber Cell?
Cyber cell is also a kind of department and team within it. In which there are only those people who have complete information about the Internet. Also, the way people are cheated on the internet nowadays. They also have complete information about this.
What are the measures to prevent cyber crime?
Do not reveal your bank account number, password etc. to anyone. Never use your internet banking and banking transactions in public places such as cyber cafes, parks, public meetings and crowded places. Do not keep your ATM PIN code down and do not share OTP with anyone. Avoid fake calls.
What are the types of cyber crimes?
- Cyber Stalking and Theft
- DDos attack
- Identity theft
- Child Pornography and Abuse
What do you understand by cyber crime, tell its causes and preventive measures?
You can also say cybercrime in such a way that when a person commits work by cheating or deceiving another person by using internet in mobile, computer, then the work done by that person is called cyber crime. And the person doing such work is called cyber criminal.
How does Cyber Cell work?
As of now, most of the cities in India have their own cyber crime cell. The victim has the option to lodge a complaint with the cyber police or crime investigation department anytime, online or offline. To register a complaint, the victim has to give a written complaint to any cybercrime cell.
When was cyber crime law made?
Law: Section 43 (C) of IT (Amendment) Act 2008, Section 66, Section 268 of IPC, Section 66 (F) related to cyber terrorism also applicable to viruses spread to endanger the security of the country (Non-bailable) ). Punishment: Life imprisonment in cases related to cyber-war and cyber terrorism. Imprisonment up to three years and/or fine in other cases.
What happens after reporting a cybercrime?
Some cyber crimes are punished under IPC. Hence, a complaint or an FIR can also be lodged at your nearest police station. The said Police Station will take action for the offenses listed under IPC and forward the other complaints to the Cyber Cell.
Is Cyber Crime Portal Effective?
The portal is so effective that it provides various categories of complaints which include online and social media related crimes, hacking, online cyber trafficking, online gambling, ransomware, cryptocurrency crimes, cyber terrorism and any other related crimes.
How to become a Cyber Security Expert?
Diploma Course in Cyber Security: This is a 6 months diploma course. Diploma course to become a cyber expert helps you to keep your data secure. Bachelor Degree in Cyber Expert: This is a 4-year Bachelor’s degree course.
Why is cyber law law necessary?
There are also some people who are committing serious crimes like cheating people, stealing personal data of people, and misleading people by misusing the internet. Which is called cyber crime. And to avoid this cybercrime, people need a cyber lawyer.
How long is the cyber security course?
How long is the course, it depends on the course, which course you do, if you do graduation, then it will be of 3 to 4 years, the same diploma course in 1 to 2 years or less and certificate course in 1 year or less By completing these courses, you can become a cyber security expert.
What is another name for cyber security?
This security protects computers, servers, mobiles and networks from cyber attacks on the Internet. Cyber security is also known by the names “information security” and “technology security”.
How long will it take to learn Cyber Security?
It usually takes 2-4 years to acquire the requisite skills to enter the cyber sector. The cost of attending college varies greatly. Your education in boot camp is more practical and practical.
What is cyberspace internet? Mention two benefits of it?
It is a large computer network composed of several computer networks around the world that employ the TCP/IP protocol to aid in communication and data exchange activities. The main feature of cyberspace is an interactive and virtual environment for a wide range of participants.
What is Internet and Cyber Security?
What is Cyber Security – Cyber Security or Cyber Security is a type of security that is a security for systems connected to the Internet. Through this, the data of hardware and software is made more secure so that the data is not stolen in any way and all documents and files are safe.