Essay on Cancer: Let us know about Essay on Cancer. It is basically a disease in which there is abnormal development of body cells which spread to different parts of the body. If this disease is detected at an early stage then this disease can be cured. Cancer basically develops due to abnormal cell/cell growth. It originates in one part of the body and has the ability to penetrate into different organs. Possible symptoms of cancer are lumps, prolonged cough, abnormal bleeding, excessive weight loss and changes in internal bowel.
Long and Short Essay on Cancer
Essay on Cancer – 1 (300 words)
Cancer is a condition that occurs due to excessive growth of cells and can be cured if detected at an early stage. However, as the severity of the problem increases, it becomes difficult to deal with it. If the condition of cancer is painful then the methods used to treat it are equally painful. It is therefore important to be vigilant and address the problem before it arises in the first turn. Recognizing its symptoms and ignoring it is also a big mistake. (Essay on Cancer)
Symptoms that should not be ignored
Here are some symptoms that are an early sign of cancer:
- weight loss
Excessive weight loss without any drastic lifestyle changes can be one of the early signs of cancer. If it is consistently low then check your weight and keep an eye on it.
Though it is common to feel tired due to various reasons but if you feel tired for any particular reason then it is time to consult your doctor.
If the cough lasts for more than a few weeks, then it should not be ignored as it can be a sign of lung cancer.
- change in bowel movements
Blood in stool/urine or any other body changes and prolonged constipation, diarrhoea, pain can also be a sign of cancer.
- long time wounds
Chronic pain that does not show any symptoms during treatment should also not be ignored. This could be a sign of skin cancer or a symptom of a cancer inside the mouth.
- lump structure
The formation or thickening of the breast near the breast can be a sign of breast cancer.
The disease is spreading like wild fire with millions of people affected by it every year. It is important to know how to prevent it and make sure not to ignore any of its symptoms. Take care, stay safe!
Essay on Cancer – 2 (400 words)
Cancer is the abnormal growth of cancer cells in any part of the body. Few cells are more affected by these abnormal growths. If it is not treated on time, it can spread to other parts of the body as well. If cancer is detected later, it can prove to be very dangerous. The good news is that you can prevent this problem in time.
ways to prevent cancer
Prevention is always better than cure. So here are some ways in which you can prevent this situation:
- drink plenty of water
Drinking plenty of water is known to have health benefits. It is particularly useful in reducing the risk of bladder cancer because water can reduce the concentration of cancer-causing agents and destroy them. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Be sure to filter and clean the water.
- Healthy Diet
There is no doubt about eating a healthy diet. A healthy diet filled with various fruits, vegetables, grains and pulses is the key to a healthy lifestyle that keeps the risk of developing various types of cancer low.
- eat green vegetables
Eating green vegetables is suggested because they are rich in magnesium which lowers the risk of cancer. It reduces the risk of colon cancer especially in women.
- Include Brazil Nuts in Your Diet
Brazil nuts are loaded with selenium which works to reduce the risk of developing bladder, lung and colorectal cancers. It is a good idea to eat Brazil nuts instead of adding unstable snacks to your diet.
According to research, people who drink 5 or more cups of caffeinated coffee are less likely to develop cancer of the brain, mouth and throat than those who drink less coffee.
The importance of exercise is emphasized time and again. Indulging in moderate exercise regularly helps reduce the risk of developing various types of cancer, apart from providing many other health benefits.
- avoid overeating
A recent research suggests that overeating can cause the respiratory system to fail, leading to the release of toxic cancer-causing air.
In addition to following these healthy habits, it is important to reduce tobacco consumption and reduce alcohol consumption.
According to researchers, about 70% of the known causes of cancer are lifestyle-related and can be avoided with little effort. Following a healthy diet and exercising regularly are necessary to make it a habit to stay fit and prevent this dreaded condition.
Essay on Cancer– 3 (500 words)
Cancer occurs due to abnormal cell/cell growth that usually originates in one part of the body and spreads to another place if it is not treated in time. There are many types of cancer, including some common types of cancer such as lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, kidney cancer and blood cancer. Millions of people have to face this deadly disease every year. Some people cope with it while some give up in front of it.
There are four stages of cancer. If it is detected at an early stage then it can be cured with the help of surgery and medicine and if it is detected later then it can usually prove fatal for the patient. The detailed information about the four stages of cancer is as follows:
- Phase 1
Cancer is in the stage of emergence in the first stage in which it tries to grow.
- Phase 2
In stage 2 the tumor increases in size. However, it has not yet spread to the surrounding tissues. Sometimes stage 2 of the cancer means that the cancer cells have progressed and the tumor has spread to nearby lymph nodes.
- step 3
In this stage, the size of the tumor becomes very large and it can spread to the surrounding tissues. Cancer cells also spread to the lymph nodes in this level of the region.
- step 4
In this stage the cancer has spread to other organ/organs. This is called secondary or metastatic cancer.
Sometimes these stages can also be divided by the names of A, B and C.
Why is the stage of cancer important?
It is essential to find out the cancer stage as it helps in understanding the treatment required for the patient. For example, if a patient is still in the earlier stages of cancer, surgery or radiotherapy may help as a treatment. It is a local treatment that only treats one part of the body.
If cancer cells have broken off from the original site and have entered the lymph nodes, which means that the patient has entered the third stage of cancer, adjuvant treatment is suggested. This usually involves chemotherapy post surgery. This is done to kill broken cancer cells from the primary tumor.
Local and supportive treatments are not enough if the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. It requires a treatment involving the whole body. This type of treatment is known as systemic treatment. This includes chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and biological treatments that circulate in the bloodstream.
The variable method is thus used as a means of describing the size of the cancer and the severity of the problem. Many tests are done by doctors when a patient is being treated for cancer. This is done to understand the size of the cancer to know whether it has spread to other organs. This helps in identifying the stage of cancer from which the patient is suffering.
Many types of cancer can be treated if found in stage 1 or 2. However, dealing with this problem becomes difficult when it escalates. The symptoms of this disease should not be ignored and the patient should be treated in time.
Essay on Cancer – 4 (600 words)
Cancer is considered a fatal disease. It is caused by a variety of factors including unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, stress, radiation exposure, infection, tobacco consumption and unhealthy food choices. There are several types of cancer that affect the human body and their growth varies depending on the type.
types of cancer
There are over 100 types of cancer that can affect the human body. Here is a look at some of the more common types and some important points discussed about it:
- Lung cancer : This type of cancer occurs in the cells inside the lining of the lungs. There are mainly two types of lung cancer. These are small cell and non-small cell lung cancer. Some common symptoms of lung cancer include coughing up blood, difficulty breathing, chest pain and weight loss.
- Breast cancer: This type of cancer is most common in women. However men can also develop breast cancer. Early symptoms of this type of cancer include a lump in the breast, fluid discharge from the nipples, and changes in the shape of the breast.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. It affects more than a million people every year. It can form skin cells in any body part. This is mainly due to prolonged exposure to the sun. Skin cancers are divided into different categories such as basal cell skin cancer which occurs in the round cells inside the outer layer of the skin and squamous cell skin cancer which occurs in the flat cells on the top of the skin.
- Melanoma: This is another type of skin cancer that forms in the melanocyte cells of the skin. It produces the brown pigment melanin and is considered the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It can also be found in the parts described as the intestines and eyes.
- Prostate cancer: This occurs in men over the age of 50. It develops in the tissues inside the prostate gland. This gland is a part of the male reproductive system. While prostate cancer grows slowly, some can grow relatively quickly. Cancer cells can spread from the prostate to other parts of the body.
- Kidney cancer: This occurs in the tubules of the kidney. The two common types of kidney cancer are renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and transitional cell carcinoma (TCC). Kidney cancer usually develops in people over the age of 40. However, there is another type of kidney cancer that mostly affects young children.
- Colorectal cancer: Complications of colon and rectal cancer are also increasing. The colon is part of the large intestine and helps with digestion while the rectum is found at the end of the large intestine.
- Bladder cancer: Bladder cancer is a type of bladder cancer characterized by cancerous cells that develop within the tissues of the bladder. Pain in the lower back, pain in urination and blood in urine are some of the symptoms of bladder cancer.
- Leukemia: There are basically four major types of leukemia. There are myeloid leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. This type usually occurs inside the bone marrow or tissues that are part of the blood cells and is called blood cancer.
- Non -Hodgkin lymphoma: This includes various types of cancer involving the white blood cells. It usually causes swollen lymph nodes, weight loss and fever. It can happen in different parts of the body.
Tips to avoid cancer include following a healthy lifestyle by doing regular exercise and following a nutritious diet plan to prevent this problem. A person with a good immune system is less likely to develop the disease than someone with a poor lifestyle and weak immunity.