Let’s know about Essay on Lockdown. This is a kind of emergency, which is a step taken keeping in mind the health of the people. Along with India, many other countries of the world adopted lockdown to prevent the epidemic called corona and with the help of this, social distance was tried to be made so that corona could be defeated. Let us know in detail.
Short and Long Essay on Lockdown
Essay on Lockdown – 1 (300 words)
Now we will learn about Essay on Lockdown about 300 words.
Lockdown is such an emergency situation when you cannot go out of the house. It is also not necessary that you are at home, that is, wherever you are, after its implementation, you cannot go out anywhere. And when this lockdown happens on a large scale, it takes the form of curfew.
The Prime Minister of Bharata, Shri Narendra Modi, announced a 21-day lockdown on the 24th in the month of March. This was a historic step taken by Modi ji and he did so to save the country from the pandemic called Corona. This lockdown was later implemented in several phases.
effect of lockdown
The effects of the lockdown were very deep, as it staggered the economy of the whole world. When we go to work, only then the country progresses and when all the factories of the country will be closed, everyone will sit at home, then the development of the country also stops and this causes huge damage to the economy.
India’s GDP, growth rate fell drastically due to the lockdown and it is not good for anyone. We are falling many times faster than other countries. The current GDP of India is -9.6%, which may be even lower in the coming times. The direct effect of this can be gauged from the increase in the prices of petrol.
Small labourers, women, daily wage workers, have been most affected by this lockdown. People lost their jobs because even big companies had to suffer a lot due to the closure.
The country is passing through a very pathetic situation and many more effects can be seen for many months to come. The corona vaccine may have arrived, but until the vaccination is done, prevention is very important. Wear a mask and maintain a distance of two yards.
Essay on Lockdown – 2 (400 words)
Now we will learn about Essay on Lockdown about 400 words.
Lockdown means shutdown, whether it is India or China, in such a situation when the whole country is closed, it is called lockdown. Such a situation was seen for the first time in India, when the whole country was under lockdown. There were people, but there was silence on the streets, there was no crowd in the nook and people did not come to tea shops to gossip. If there was anything, the sirens of police vehicles tearing through the silence and silence. Such was the situation of India in lockdown. This was a kind of emergency situation, which had a direct impact on the economy of the country.
Why was the lockdown done ?
Lockdown was adopted in India as well as in many countries of the world. This is so that the people of the country can be saved from the terrible epidemic called Corona. Alam was such that people are dying all around and its infection is also spreading very fast. Not only in India, people all over the world were upset.
Countries like Italy and Spain whose medical condition is considered the best in the world, when such countries raised their hands, then the condition of India can be estimated. The Indian government announced a lockdown so that the situation there did not come to India.
In the event of lockdown, all types of transport (air, water and land) were closed, all shops, factories, companies, etc. were all closed. The lockdown was carried out in several phases.
different phases of lockdown
The lockdown in India was implemented in a total of four phases and some relaxations were given in each phase.
- First phase of lockdown : The first phase of lockdown was of a total of 21 days. Which started from March 25 and went on till April 14. This was called a complete lockdown in which all types of shops were closed except the ration-water shops. All means of transport and going to public places were completely prohibited. People were given strict instructions to stay from their homes and there was heavy police guard everywhere.
- Second phase of lockdown: The second phase lasted from April 15 to May 3, which was a total of 19 days and the rest of the rules were the same.
- Third phase of lockdown: The third phase was effective from May 4 to May 17. In this phase, the more infected and least infected places were identified and divided into red zone and green zone and some relaxation was given in less infected areas.
In the third phase, a special train was also run for migrant laborers and Indians stranded abroad were also brought back, which was named Operation Samudra Setu.
- Fourth phase of lockdown : The lockdown was continued by various states as per the requirement in their respective areas and it remained in effect till June 30 in Uttar Pradesh. But in this lockdown, orders were given to open some other facilities like markets, government offices, etc. But with many terms and conditions.
positive effects of lockdown
- On one hand it proved helpful in overcoming Corona.
- The environment also got some time to clean itself.
- Due to paucity of time in many families, the distance came to an end.
- More and more people started understanding online marketing and promoting digitization.
Both positive and negative effects of lockdown have been seen, but the aim is to fight and defeat Corona. Many countries have found a solution for this. Now we should think about the economy of the country and look for new opportunities so that we can quickly compensate for it. But at the same time we should also keep eating good food, wash our hands with soap from time to time, do not forget to wear mask and must follow a distance of two yards.
Essay on Lockdown – 3 (500 words)
Now we will learn about Essay on Lockdown about 500 words.
We call the lockdown in the country due to some reason. During this period no person can roam on the road, no shops are open nor schools. If there is anyone on the streets, it is the police and they keep warning people to stay inside. This is done only when absolutely necessary, when the country is in trouble. Such a situation was seen in India in 2020. It was implemented in India in 4 phases and after that the state governments, taking the lead, continued or canceled it according to the situation of their states.
Why was the lockdown done in India
Corona is the name of a deadly virus, which has rapidly engulfed the whole world. It started in China, which gradually spread all over the world. Italy, Spain, US, Brazil, etc. are some such powerful countries which cannot escape from it. And these countries adopted lockdown as a defense.
Realizing the value of people’s lives in India too, the government took such big steps. Prevention from Corona is the best way to avoid it. Keeping a distance of 5-6 feet among themselves, wearing a mask, washing hands from time to time with soap for at least 20 seconds is the only treatment. The best ways to keep yourself safe from this are by doing things like maintaining social distance, not leaving the house when not necessary.
The lockdown is over now and vaccines have been discovered in many ways, but it may take a long time to reach every countryman. In such a situation, it is necessary to adopt preventive measures so that the situation of lockdown does not come again.
Advantages and disadvantages of lockdown
- The lockdown helped to prevent the spread of corona to a great extent.
- Due to the lockdown, nature got time to clean itself and our air became clean, there was less pollution due to the absence of vehicles on the roads.
- Criminal activity decreased.
- Keeping in mind the entertainment of the people, Sarkar re-telecasted mythological serials like Ramayana and Mahabharata on Doordarshan and this happened only because of the lockdown. so that people can stay at home.
- Spent time with people with his family and had some great moments.
If we talk about the same loss then –
- The country’s economy came to a complete standstill, due to which there was a complete decline in GDP and our current GDP is -9.6%, which is the lowest ever.
- As soon as the lockdown was lifted, the cases of corona started increasing very rapidly and India came in the top second place in the list of corona infected countries.
- The daily wage laborers suffered a lot due to the lockdown, they had to lose their jobs on the one hand and on the other hand there was a situation of starvation for them.
- Even the big companies were forced to lay off only the daily wage laborers due to the recession in the market, due to which many people had to lose their jobs.
- Despite the lockdown, 9,979,447 have been infected in India so far, out of which 144,829 people have died.
- Although the children received online education during the lockdown, it was not so meaningful, that is, the education of the children was greatly affected.
If the problem is big then its prevention should also be extensive and lockdown is an example of this. Completely shutting down a country on such a large scale was neither easy nor a sport. History is witness that Indian Railways had never stopped before, but such steps were taken so that the situation should not become dire. With the arrival of the vaccine, there is an atmosphere of enthusiasm among the people and now the lockdown has become a frightening story.