Due to biology, today we get to know about the biodiversity present not only around us but around the world. Due to botany, we get detailed information about almost all the trees present in our environment. But have you ever wondered who is the father of botany, and who is the one who has got this status? Here you are going to get information on exactly this topic.
In this article, we will give you a brief introduction of the father of botany and the work done by him in this subject. Apart from this, you will also get to know some new information related to botany.
We have full faith that by reading this information you will benefit in future and this information will also be very fun for you.
Complete information – Father of Botany
Information About Father of Botany
|Date of Birth||371 AD century.|
|Birth Place||Aresos (Greece)|
|Major Identity (Well known For)||Father of botany, biologist, physicist.|
|Books of Boatny||Historia Plantarum, Characters, On the Causes of Plants, etc.|
|Death||287 before AD century.|
Information about Theophrastus’ former life
Revision work was started all over the world from the beginning about botany , the main branch of biology , but the biggest problem was to identify and classify the plants. Theophrastus did the work of completing all these shortcomings, due to which he is known worldwide as the father of botany. Talking about his early life, Theophrastus was born in the country of Greece in the country of Aresos on 371 BC. Aristotle was the teacher of Theophrastus and it was due to his inspiration that Theophrastus was inspired to revise on various subjects. From the very beginning, Theophrastus was more inclined towards botany and physics, in which the facts obtained by him through the study and revision of various plants were presented to him through books.
We will know further how Theophrastus had an important contribution in botany and how valuable the information provided by the books written by him proved to be.
Theophrastus and Botany
- Two important books on botany were written by Theophrastus, which had about 9 to 10 volumes, in these books there is a mention of the plants studied by them, and the facts they got about each plant have been given. Apart from this, even in small books one gets to know about his botanical discoveries.
- Theophrastus was the only person at that time to classify plants and keep them systematically through information, due to which he is seen with great respect in this area.
- Carl Linnaeus, who himself was a great researcher associated with botanical taxonomy, read the facts and classifications put forth by Theophrastus, and respectfully called Theophrastus the father of botany.
- In Theophrastus’ book ‘Inquiry into Two Plants’, various plant species were classified on the basis of generation method, environment, size, use, type of use such as fruit juice or herb, etc. This helped to know and understand the special properties of a particular plant.
- Theophrastus observed the things related to the germination of vegetation for a long time and came to the fact that the type of soil and environment play the most important role for the plant to germinate from any seed. At that time, it was considered a commendable thing to put forward this fact.
- To observe the different flora, Theophrastus had traveled all over Greece, in which he studied almost all the species of plants found here.
- Theophrastus not only kept the facts of the germination of vegetation in front of the world, but also discussed in his book about the wounds / wounds etc.
In this way, Theophrastus devoted most of his life to the study and revision of botany, most of which proved to be quite accurate and correct. His contribution to botany in the world of science was considered invaluable, due to which he is considered the father of botany all over the world.
In this way, you have learned briefly about the father of botany, in which we have presented to you his contribution to botany along with the main things related to his life. Hope you have liked the given information very much, do share the article to reach it to other people. Thank you so much for staying with us..
Frequently Asked Question
Who is the father of Botany?
Who is considered the father of botany? The ancient Greek Theophrastus is known as the father or founder of botany.
Who is the father of plant world?
Theophrastus is the father of botany. Plants are studied in botany.
Who is the father of zoology and botany?
The development of biology as a systematic knowledge took place during the time of the famous Greek philosopher Aristotle (Aristotle 384 – 322 B.C.). He expressed his views about different aspects of life of plants and animals. That’s why Aristotle is called the Father of Biology.
Botany What is another name for Botany?
(2) Botany or Plant Science, which deals with the study of plants.
When was botany discovered?
This first attempt was small, but later in 1735 he further developed his method and applied it to a large number of plants. Linnaeus divided flowers into 24 classes, all based on the male stamen.
What is the precursor of vegetation?
Medieval physical gardens, often associated with monasteries, contained plants of medical importance. They were the pioneers of the first botanical gardens associated with universities established since the 1540s. One of the first was the Padua Botanic Garden. These gardens facilitated the academic study of plants.
How did vegetation originate?
The origin of the vegetation god (Hirnyagarbha Brahma) is believed to be from the hair. The Tejas form of Brahma is Brahma ji. Hiranyagarbha Brahma means Hiranyagarbha i.e. the one who resides within the golden egg, that is, the complete pure knowledge, is called Hiranya, the Hiranyagarbha who lives in the womb of consciousness is Brahma.
Into how many categories were plants divided?
The growth of vegetation depends on temperature and moisture. It also depends on factors like soil thickness and slope. It is classified into three broad categories: forests, grasslands and shrubs.
How is vegetation related to human life?
Chief Correspondent, Dharamshala: Life is not possible without vegetation. The life of the animal world is dependent on healthy breaths and for this oxygen is necessary. Plants are the main source of oxygen. Therefore, the direct meaning of playing with the plant world is not only with human life but with all the living beings whose life is dependent on breath.
What is the meaning of flora and fauna?
Flora and fauna is a phrase that is often used to describe life on Earth. Broadly speaking, the phrase suitcase is used to mean ‘plants and animals’ however meaning something that is more specific, flora and fauna.
Into how many vegetation zones was India divided?
India can be divided into eight distinct vegetation zones namely Western Himachal, Eastern Himachal, Assam, Indus River Plain, Deccan, Gangetic Plain, Malabar and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.