National Nutrition Week 2021 will be observed from 1st September, Wednesday to 7th September, Tuesday.
national nutrition week
Nationals Nutrition Week is celebrated every year from 1st September to 7th September to make people aware about better health and well being.
The whole world can be educated through the Nationals Nutrition Week campaign to look and feel good. People can become aware about their food plate and balanced diet so that they can get good nutrition. a
For good health, one should eat plenty of grains, fruits, green vegetables, non-greasy milk or milk products, meat, fish, almonds etc. The Nationals Nutrition Week aims at creating a healthy nation, for which there is a need to spread awareness of the nutritional tradition among the people of the communities through approved training, timely education, seminars, various competitions, road shows etc., among other campaigns.
This one week long campaign includes one-day training, preparation of nutritious food from healthy ingredients, an exhibition by the students of Home Science, making people aware about the nutritional importance of wheat and soybean, various competitions, competitions for mothers. People are made aware through nutrition related speeches, seminars and road shows etc.
The National Nutrition Week campaign has an equipment packed full of resources to help the family cook healthy food. The campaign also includes World Food Day and Nude Food Day since 2010.
According to reports, it is worth noting that people have started using sweetened beverages, which is a major reason for obesity and weight gain in adolescence. On 8 September 2010, the Department of Food Science and Nutrition Management established a one-day festival to create awareness about nutrition among the people. Under this campaign, poster competition, cooking competition for healthy heart food, explaining for balanced diet, measuring BMI, lectures on diseases, heart protection etc. are included.
History of National Nutrition Week
This campaign was started for the first time by the Central Government in the year 1982 to promote good health and healthy life through nutrition education because malnutrition is the main obstacle to national development. To promote people towards this goal, 43 units of Food and Nutrition Board (Women and Child Department, Health and NGO) are working efficiently all over the country.
Breastfeeding mothers are highly encouraged to feed their newborns until 6 months of age, known as breast milk or the first milk, to provide the newborn with a greater level of immunity and healthy life. The Diet Committee of India from Bangalore decided to hold an awareness program on nutrition and diet at Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Miller Road, Bangalore, which would also cover heart disease, diabetes, and diet for children and women.
Activities on National Nutrition Week
- People are encouraged by various nutritional education and training programs by observing Nationals Nutrition Week throughout the week.
- A large number of awareness campaigns are being run by government and non-government health organizations.
- People are encouraged by distribution of nutritional education and training equipment.
- People are given proper training to save fruits, vegetables and other household food items.
- People are properly trained about the analysis and standardization of food.
- Various nationals nutrition policies are run by the government to achieve the goal of the Nationals Nutrition Week celebration.
Goal of National Nutrition Week Celebration
- To review the frequency of various nutritional and dietary problems in the community.
- To assess appropriate techniques to control and prevent nutritional problems through intensive research.
- To monitor the country’s situation for diet and nutrition.
- To work on process research for implementation and planning of National Nutrition Program.
- To make people aware about health and nutrition through adaptation training.
Theme of National Nutrition Week
- The theme of 2011 was “Good food from the beginning”.
- The theme of 2012 was “Nutrition Awareness – The Solution to a Healthy Nation”.
- The theme of 2013 was “Project Dinnertime – Make, Eat and Enjoy”.
- The theme of 2014 was “Nutrition Diet the Foundation of the Nation”.
- The theme of 2015 was “Better Nutrition: The Key to Growth”.
- The theme for the Nationals Nutrition Week in 2016 was “Life Cycle Approach to Better Nutrition”.
- The theme for Nationals Nutrition Week in 2017 was “Optimal Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices: Better Child Health”.
- The theme for the Nationals Nutrition Week in 2018 was “Grow Up With Food”.
- The theme for the Nationals Nutrition Week in the year 2019 was “Har Ghar Nutrition Behavior”.
- The theme for the National Nutrition Week in the year 2020 was “Eat Right, Bite by Bite”.