Many of you must have heard the name of NOC. Many times it happens whenever we buy any type of vehicle or any other item, we ask for NOC from the front. So what is this NOC after all? What is the full form of NOC ? What is its use?, What are the advantages and disadvantages of staying with NOC? Know etc. through this article.
NOC FULL FORM: What is the full form of NOC?
The full form of NOC is “ No Objection Certificate ” (No Objection Certificate). It is also known as “ No Objection Certificate ” in Indian Hindi language .
The meaning of this certificate is that if you are going to take any step related to any item, then the person from whom you have bought that item has no objection to this thing.
What is NOC?
NOC is a type of certificate. That is, it is a certificate that is legally valid. Many types of organizations, companies use NOC in many cases. Whenever you go to buy a second hand vehicle, the dealer will provide you with a NOC certificate.
That certificate means that the person who sold this vehicle to you has no objection to this deal. If you are still not fully understood that NOC kya hota hai, then let us explain it to you in detail.
NOC is given by whom?
For example, suppose you have taken a home loan of ₹ 1000000 from a bank for 5 years at 10% interest. You are paying the EMI of that loan on time, and in 5 years you have repaid your entire loan back to the bank.
Now after the loan is completely defaulted, the bank will provide you a No Objection Certificate (NOC) which will be written in it that you have repaid your entire loan. And you are completely legally free from the loan. So from this example you must have understood that NOC is given in writing by the opposite party. And the NOC is signed by both the parties.
What are the benefits of NOC?
- NOC is a government document that can protect you from future objections, that is, the person from whom you have taken this certificate cannot raise any kind of object related to the object on you.
- You can use this certificate in court, business, employment, education etc. For example, after doing business of any kind, you can demand NOC certificate from the person in front.
- NOC in courts can also be used as evidence against your detainee.
- NOC is such a certificate which keeps complete information of both the parties and complete information about the matter.
- No Objection Certificate is required in many government works. NOC can assist you in your case
Disadvantages of not taking NOC
- If you do not take NOC then the person in front can falsely sue you.
- Due to non-availability of NOC, the person in front can present false witnesses against you in the court.
For example, suppose you have taken a loan from the bank and you have repaid that loan but you have not taken NOC, then the bank can sue you and you may have to pay back your loan.
How to apply for NOC as per Motor Vehicle Act 1998
- If you want to proceed with the application of NOC, then the owner of the vehicle will have to register the person by going to the RTO.
- After this the owner of the vehicle will have to apply for NOC by filling Form 28 under Chapter 4 Section 48 Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
- The owner of the vehicle has to deposit the prescribed amount in the RTO. Processing of NOCs and Charges Rule No. 88 is written in the Central Motor Vehicle Rule (CMV) 1989. Usually this amount is ₹ 100.
- After this, whatever tax is asked from you by the Government of India, you will have to pay it to the Government of India, this tax will be used for processing your NOC.
- As soon as you apply for NOC, the RTO will check your vehicle thoroughly. In this investigation, any type of tax debt or loan will be checked on your vehicle and it will be confirmed with the police of your state that this vehicle is not being used for any illegal work.
- If the process of your NOC is completed without any hassle then you will get the approval of NOC by the RTO.
- Your NOC will come to you in 3 days after getting the approval.
For how long is the NOC valid?
Once the NOC is approved by the RTO, it is valid for 6 months. If it has been more than 6 months and you want to move your vehicle from one state to another, then you have to re-enter the NOC for the same.
The person buying the vehicle will have to register the NOC in his name within 6 months. If the buyer does not get it registered completely within 6 months then the whole process of obtaining NOC will have to be repeated again.
NOC full form: Conclusion
NOC is a very important document because it is a government document and can help you in many reasons and can also save you from the objection that comes against you, so remember whenever you exchange any expensive item. Don’t forget to take NOC. You can demand NOC from any person, then through this article you must have understood what is NOC.
In this article, I have tried to give you all the important information of NOC like, NOC full form, Meaning of NOC?, Advantages of NOC and disadvantages of not making it, How to get NOC made e.t.c.