Come today we will know about ozone generator
What is an ozone generator or ozonator?
Ozone generator are devices that make ozone gas . When used as air compressors in home occupied spaces, however, they are needed to be safer and more effective for more widespread applications.
Electrostatic precipitators and ionizers eventually produce ozone as a by-product as a result of internal mechanisms.
Industrial Application of Ozone Generator or Ozonator:
Ozone generators are controversial, being used in industrial (purifying water, bleaching wood pulp, detoxifying cyanide waste) and health programs (eliminating bacteria, viruses, odors). Various stringent norms are followed for production and use of ozone in small home or personal appliances, using ozone generators can be harmful. People employed in industrial and health care settings are used to scenarios that were vacant.
Therefore the use of ozone generators has to be maintained with standard health regulations.
Ozonation in Water Treatment
Ozone water treatment has been used since the 19th century to treat water by exploring the characteristics of a powerful oxidizing agent when dissolved in water.
- Ozone is an unstable molecule that gives 1-atom of O 2 to make a good oxidizing agent.
- Ozone disinfection, or ozonation, is a good way to inactivate the useless protozoa that cause cysts in humans.
- Works well against all pathogens.
- Ozone must be created on site and added to the water, forming bubbles.
Advantages of Ozonation Process:
- Ozone reacts with viruses, bacteria and protozoans and has an effect over a wide pH range and has properties that are more potent chlorination.
- It has a strong oxidizing power using a short reaction time.
- Water and chemicals are not involved in the treatment process.
- Ozone can remove odor and taste issues and a vast array of organic, inorganic and microbiological issues. Most agents include viruses, bacteria, and protozoans (such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium). Disease screening and pathogenetic evaluation.
Disadvantages of Ozonation Process:
- Ozonating by-products continue to be evaluated, and it is likely that some by-products from being carcinogenic. These may include carboxylic acids, aldehydes, ketones, and brominated by-products. This is one reason the system may incorporate a carbon filter.
- The machine may require a reduction in hardness or further pretreatment of polyphosphate to maintain the formation of carbonate scale.
- Ozonation does not produce any disinfectants or disinfectants that inhibit or protect against regrowth.
- It can be more expensive and challenging to find a professional skilled in ozone treatment and system maintenance.
- Potential fire hazards and toxicity problems related to ozone production.
Why is ozone not an economical alternative to wastewater?
Some of the germs that can cause ulcers can survive if the ozone dose is low. As a result, higher ozone levels are beneficial. If the water contained solids, too much ozone would be consumed to destroy that germ. Ozone is not a good option for wastewater treatment because of the reason explained above and it is not at all economical option either.