POK is such a word that we often hear on TV, sometimes we keep reading in the newspaper. Controversy often goes on regarding POK. But do you know why this happens? Through this article, today I will try to give you complete information about POK like – What is the full form of POK?, what is the boundary area of POK etc.
- P- PAKISTAN
- O- OCCUPIED
The full form of POK is ” Pakistan Occupied Kashmir ” which we call ” Pakistan Occupied Kashmir”.
What is POK?
Kashmir has always been an important aspect of India-Pakistan relations. POK is that part of Jammu and Kashmir, which was forcibly occupied by Pakistan in 1947. Since then this area has been called POK by India i.e. “PAKISTAN OCCUPIED KASHMIR”.
Area of POK!
The area of Jammu and Kashmir is 2.22 lakh square kilometers, out of which 30% i.e. 78,104 square kilometers is under Pakistan’s occupation. The total area of POK is 78,104 square kilometers.
Note- China also occupies 10% of Kashmir. That is, India has only 60% Kashmir completely.
Pakistan has divided POK into two parts.
- Pakistan controlled kashmir:-
Pakistan controlled Kashmir is divided into 10 districts and whose capital is Muzaffarabad.
The area of Gilgit-Baltistan is about 65,000 sq. kilometer. It is 10 times bigger than pakistan controlled kashmir. Gilgit-Baltistan is divided into three administrations and 10 districts. The three largest galaciars in the world are found here.
During the Partition of India in 1947, the British government gave three options to the princely states.
- join india
- join pakistan
- be free
- Kashmir used to be independent at the time of 1947, then due to the imposition of some taxes in Kashmir, the people there revolted.
- The administration there took over it and quelled the rebellion by showing its power.
- On October 21, 1947, some Pastun tribe with the help of Pakistan attacked Kashmir with the help of Pakistani forces.
- He captured Muzaffarabad and Baramulla which was only 32 km away from Srinagar.
- The king there sought military support from the Home Minister of India, who was then Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel refused to give him military support.
- He said that you first sign the instrument of accession, then we will give military support.
- Keeping in view the conditions, the King of Kashmir signed the Instrument of Accession and officially annexed Jammu and Kashmir to India.
- India immediately sent its army as soon as it was signed, then there was a war between Pakistan and India.
- The Pakistani Army was brought on the back foot by the Indian Army.
- In 1948, Jawaharlal Nehru raised the issue of pok in UNITED NATIONS.
- UNITED NATIONS asked the Pakistani supported forces to leave Kashmir and it was said that through voting it will be concluded that the part of which country will be Kashmir.
- Pakistan did not listen to the UN and did not leave its position and remained in its position there.
- Today we know that position as LOC i.e. LINE OF CONTROL.
Importance of POK
POK is very important for India and there are many reasons for this.
POK shares its border with many countries.
POK is abundant with freshwater resources and natural resources.
Existing Natural Resources:-
Why India could not capture POK yet?
There are many reasons for not capturing POK.
- Due to being a mountainous area, we are not able to capture and the same Pakistan is at a low altitude, due to which they get help.
- The people there who are non-kashmiri and call themselves Kashmiri. India has not been able to win their trust properly so far.
- China is also a problem due to some reasons, for the possession of our POK.
Since the beginning of India, there has been a policy of “No First Attack”, due to which we have not done First Attack till date. If Pakistan again wars with India then India can have a good chance to take back PoK.
If we get the cooperation of the citizens of POK, then we can win POK in a good way. Because there is a lot of power in the public, the probability of getting what they want will increase.
Pakistan may have occupied POK, but POK is a part of India from the beginning and will remain of India. We just have to have faith in our jawans and government, the day is not far when POK will be completely of our country.
POK full form: Conclusion
In this article I have tried to give you all the important information about POK like, full form of POK , meaning of POK?, extent and area of POK etc.
In the end, I would like to tell you that if you liked this article with POK full form , then do share it on social media. If you want to say or ask something, then you can comment below.